A Summer Program for Gifted High School Students
The Career Accelerator is a summer program for talented high school students who are looking to discover more about their future careers. The five-week summer program includes a professional development course and an internship with some of the city's most prestigious organizations.
Summer Program Details:
2018 Dates: June 11-July 13
- Professional Development (1 Week):
- Go to class Monday-Friday from 11am-4pm with your friends to get prepped for the working world.
- Internship: (4 weeks)
- Go to your internship site from Monday-Thursday and work on your capstone project with your mentor.
- Reflections (Every Friday)
- Sleep in! Then meet up with your friends and The Enrichery coaches from 2-3:30pm to talk about what went on at work that week.
- Final Friday Reflection: Presentation of Capstone Project
- Your supervisors and families will come to a final celebration in which you'll present your project.
What Our Summer Program Grads are Saying:
Our Summer Program is Different (in a good way):
You won't find our summer interns at the copy machine or on a Starbucks run. Our summer program students benefit from hands-on mentoring by industry leaders and are entrusted with meaningful work to do each day. Students work with their mentors to design capstone projects tailored to their unique interests and talents.
What Our Summer Program Interns are Doing:
Student worked with ex-NASA team, using Python to build algorithms to effectively sift through mass amounts of data. Student also participated in the design of virtual reality program to simulate a commercial space station.
The Craig Duvall Advanced Therapeutics Laboratory
Student designed and produced a staggered herringbone micro fluidic mixer, a device used to form nanoparticles to be used in drug delivery. The nanoparticles will travel through the body and accumulate at disease sites.
The Houston Mayor’s Office of International Affairs and Trade
Student organized the annual Houston Consular Ball for international diplomats, raising over $40,000 in donations for the silent auction. Student also wrote letters for Mayor Turner to diplomats from all over the world.
Students performed an in-depth traffic analysis used by the City of Houston to plan a major shopping center.
The Texas Medical Center Innovation Laboratories: NueroLex Laboratories
Student performed in-depth research on anxiety in the teenage population to ultimately identify trends in speech samples to diagnose health abnormalities.
Experience Your Future with a Competitive Internship
- Guaranteed placement in the field of your choice
- A mentor who will guide you professionally in college and beyond (many of our students were asked to return the next summer!)
- Days filled with meaningful work through the completion of a capstone project
- The building of professional relationships in your future career field
Learn How to Market Yourself
- Identify and evaluate interests, skills, values, and lifestyle preferences and relate them to educational and career planning
- Create a Linkedin profile, resume, and cover letter to be professionally edited
- Complete interview training + day of mock interviews with written feedback
- Analyze job market trends
- Learn more about our class here