Jumpstart Your Career Exploration with an Unforgettable Summer Experience
The Enrichery summer Career Accelerator is the only summer program of its kind in Houston. Students take a professional development course designed in collaboration with Vanderbilt University faculty. After the weeklong class, students are matched in a competitive internship with some of the city's most prestigious organizations.
Discover Your Future & Get an Edge on the Competition
- Gain first hand experience in your dream career field
- Get a better idea of your college major and professional path
- Impress colleges with your dedication to a specific career field
- Network with industry leaders and open the door to future possibilities
The Career Accelerator Advantage
Students in our summer program are mentored by industry leaders from the world's best companies and entrusted with meaningful work to do each day.
Student worked with ex-NASA team, using Python to build algorithms to effectively sift through mass amounts of data. Student also participated in the design of virtual reality program to simulate a commercial space station.
The Craig Duvall Advanced Therapeutics Laboratory
Student designed and produced a staggered herringbone micro fluidic mixer, a device used to form nanoparticles to be used in drug delivery. The nanoparticles will travel through the body and accumulate at disease sites.
The Houston Mayor’s Office of International Affairs and Trade
Student created a database of all partner agreements with other cities for the Mayor's Office of Protocol and International Affairs.
Students performed an in-depth traffic analysis used by the City of Houston to plan a major shopping center.
The Texas Medical Center Innovation Laboratories: NueroLex Laboratories
Student performed in-depth research on anxiety in the teenage population to ultimately identify trends in speech samples to diagnose health abnormalities.
Experience Your Future with a Competitive Internship
- Guaranteed placement in the field of your choice
- A mentor who will guide you professionally in college and beyond (many of our students were asked to return the next summer!)
- Days filled with meaningful work through the completion of a capstone project
- The building of professional relationships in your future career field
Get an Edge on the Competition
- Identify and evaluate interests, skills, values, and lifestyle preferences and relate them to educational and career planning
- Create a Linkedin profile, resume, and cover letter to be professionally edited
- Complete interview training + day of mock interviews with written feedback
- Analyze job market trends
- Learn more about our class here
Summer Program Details:
2018 Dates: June 11-July 13
- Professional Development (1 Week):
- Go to class Monday-Friday from 11am-4pm with your friends to get prepped for the working world.
- Internship: (4 weeks)
- Go to your internship site from Monday-Thursday and work on your capstone project with your mentor.
- Reflections (Every Friday)
- Sleep in! Then meet up with your friends and The Enrichery coaches from 2-3:30pm to talk about what went on at work that week.
- Final Friday Reflection: Presentation of Capstone Project
- Your supervisors and families will come to a final celebration in which you'll present your project.