Q: How long will the internship last?
A: Your intern will work from Monday-Thursday for 4 weeks. The hours are up to you.
Q: What kinds of students are interning with The Enrichery?
A: Our interns are students from high schools and universities around the country who have demonstrated strong leadership and commitment to the community. All interns have undergone a thorough application and interview process to gain acceptance into our program. We only accept the best and brightest students!
Q: What will my intern do all day?
A: In order to ensure that there is plenty of meaningful work to be done, the intern and supervisor will decide on a capstone project to be completed over the 4 weeks. Most interns spend the majority of their day working on this project. Many supervisors also bring their interns along to conferences and networking events, and have them help on various other projects throughout the day.
Q: My company doesn't have an internship program in place; how can I participate?
A: No problem! The Enrichery provides your company with a turn-key internship program that will eliminate the hassle of designing your own program. We will also keep in touch with you each week to ensure everything is running smoothly.
Q: What if my company doesn't have the resources to pay the intern?
A: This internship experience is solely a learning experience for our interns and does not require them to be paid. According to US Labor Laws, interns do not have to be paid if:
- The internship, even though it includes actual operation of the facilities of the employer, is similar to training which would be given in an educational environment;
- The internship experience is for the benefit of the intern;
- The intern does not displace regular employees, but works under close supervision of existing staff;
- The employer that provides the training derives no immediate advantage from the activities of the intern; and on occasion its operations may actually be impeded;
- The intern is not necessarily entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship; and
- The employer and the intern understand that the intern is not entitled to wages for the time spent in the internship.